Thursday 17 December 2015

Evaluation Question 4- Draft


How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

For the planning stages of the video, I used some different methods in order to get the best ideas possible for the music video. For example to get ideas for the timings of the video I used YouTube on the internet in order to find the video we are doing, Undercover Martyn by two door cinema club, in order to get the right timing of the shots and the right kind of shots we need to do in order to make a certain successful and accurate video. We also did a storyboard in so we could order the shots and make a different kind of video to the original one. The story board was important for us because we needed to set out a basic plan of shot ideas and camera angles. To get the story across in a more animated style we have done an animatic which shows the story but into a digital format which will show a better interpretation of the video without having to actually see the way that the video is going to be shot and the way that it is ordered. Also I used the twitter and Facebook app in order to gain different inspiration from different sources.

I used blogger in order to keep up to date with progress that I had made in the research and planning stage of the video. Blogger allowed me to post different ideas, and to keep up with the information that I am getting from different media products. I found that blogger was an excellent way in order for me to keep organised in the process of going through the research and planning of my music video and digipak. I found that blogger was also a great way of me getting feedback, not just from the teacher but from my peers and classmates that wanted to comment on any work or any research that I have done.

For the construction stage of the music video, while we were filming we used the camera from an iPhone 6s Plus which shoots at 4k resolution also we used an app called FiLMiC Pro which gave us manual control for exposure and focus and other aspects of effects. This made the process of filming and editing more simplistic for us because it was easier to get the footage from the Phone onto the laptop, which is where we were doing the editing.  Also for the filming stage of the music video, we used a LED light which helped us because we did our filming in the dark; the light helped us to light up the area that we were using. The light also helped to show better facial expressions and change the atmosphere of the video and how the performers were reacting to the music. For the editing stage of constructing the music video, we used Final Cut Pro X which helped us to edit the video and get the best finish for the video.

For the planning stages of my digipak I used Google and Google images in order to get pictures and ideas of the different digipaks that are out there. The ideas I got are from the internet with research from Google and from different ideas I got from displays in the media classroom.

For the construction of my digipak and my advert I used a windows PC which featured the Photoshop software. This software allowed me to create a good and authentic digipak and magazine advert. There are professional tools and effects that can be used on the pictures. For my digipak I used the cut tools in order to cut out a photo of the three band members which then was my front cover and the main image on the magazine advert. I also used the rectangle tools In order to create white backgrounds which I then made completely white so that the digipak all looked professional. I also used the text tools which allowed my too write on the digipak.

Overall I believe that technology was vital for creating the music video and the digipak and magazine advert. Without these key pieces of technology then I wouldn’t have been able to create the kind of work that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment