Thursday 5 November 2015

Responding To feedback // Nathan Beard

This was my first draft for this style:

The feedback i received on my digipak was primarily focused around the positioning of some items. The items that needed repositioning where:

  • The Logos of the band and record label on the left inside cover needed making smaller. 
  • The record label logo on the back cover needed moving to the other side.
  • The 'welcome' text on the inside left cover needs aligning better.
Other comments that where made:
  • Could do with more songs.
  • Needs a catalog number on the margin.
  • legal information needs adding to the bottom of the back cover.
  • Change the word 'digipak' to album and change 'The SmallRuin Team' to SmallRuin.
This was the resulting digipak with the changes made:


I changed most of the aspects that where commented on however I decided that I didn't need to change the amount of songs, as I think that it sits better with less songs, as the version I tried looked cluttered due to the blue blobs being to regular.

Original Poster

The feedback I received was that that the design was good, and that I should try some of the following versions:

  • Move the 'SmallRuin' script above the album name.
  • Try one with the record logo on.
  • Correct the spelling error.
New poster 1:
New poster 2:

My personal preference out of the above options would be the 3rd so the 2nd new one (with  the record label logo) as this promotes the record label as well as the new album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment