Thursday 5 November 2015

Responding to Feedback- Ben Wakeford Digipak

Front cover, Picture was just of the lead singer and the text was slanted across the top of the singer’s head.  On my new front cover I changed the picture to accommodate the whole band. The band are cut out with the lasso tool on Photoshop.  I used the rectangle tool in order to get a white background on the front cover then used the colour overlay in order to make the background look the whitest it can be. I also changed the name of the album to make it sound better; I changed it from the Undercover Martyn to Expensive Sound. This is because Expensive sound is one of the names of the songs and I thought it sounded better to me. I changed the Font type to Calibri because this is a simpler font and it is easier to read than the slanted font over the artist.

Back, on my first draft the back cover was a black background which I did using the rectangle tool on the back cover. I then used text boxes in order to make the song names. On my new digipak I changed the back cover to not have the numbers down the side and just have the names of the songs; this makes it easier to read. I also took the ‘Small Ruin’ away from the top of the list because people would already know the band is called that. The back is now very simplistic like the rest of the digipak.

Tray disk, On the first tray disc I had one of the Small Ruin logo’s. I changed this from the disc because it was just a bit too much for the viewers to take so I changed it to a plain white background using the rectangle tool. On top of the white background I had the address to the Facebook, Twitter and online pages.

On the extra panel, I had that the it was the Small Ruin debut album. I also had a few reviews from people and magazines in music. On the new digipak I scrapped the extra panel and just had four panels.     

Inside left, On the inside left of my old digipak I had the name of the Band and the names of all the band members. Also I had a message from the band, I decided to take these off because the message was a bit ‘cringy’ and wasn’t needed. This is one of the sides that I took off because of the needlessness of the panel.

Inside Centre, On the inside centre of my old digipak there was a picture of the band. I decided to take this out on my new digipak because of the picture of the whole band being on the front cover. 






No comments:

Post a Comment